Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 heads of garlic
- 4 t. extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chopped parsley or cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped tarragon
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 large ears of corn, in husks
- Preheat oven 350. Cut off top third of garlic heads. Stand them cut side up on foil and drizzle with 1 t. of olive oil.
- Wrap garlic in foil and bake for 1 hour, until very tender.
- Squeeze the garlic into a bowl. Stir in lemon zest, butter, cilantro or parsley and tarragon with remaining 1 T. oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill. Peel back corn husks, keeping them attached.
- Discard the silk threads. Soak in salted cold water for 15-30 minutes. Drain.
- Spread the herbed garlic all over the corn. Wrap foil around the corn.
- Fold husks back over the corn and tie tops with string.
- Grill corn over moderate heat, turning, until kernels feel tender, about 45 minutes.
- Continue to grill over moderate heat, turning until the husks are nicely charred, about another 5 minutes. Serve.